Gail Carson Levine is one of my favorite authors. She writes books anyone can read, but what I find wonderful about her books is they show young girls that they can overcome adversity. Her books are so well written that some of my boys, those who are willing to give a “girl’s book” a chance, find they love them and begin recommending them to their peers.
Great for all ages. Great for all genders.
- Upcoming Read-Alongs Sign-Up Post (pagesunbound.wordpress.com)
- Bout of Books Read-A-Thon 8.0 (youngadultbookmadness.wordpress.com)
- Day 1 : Bout of Books 8.0 Read-a-thon Update (bookneedlove.wordpress.com)
- YA Classics – In-betweeners: Ella Enchanted (yaawesomesauce.wordpress.com)
- Hot Summer Reads Read-a-Thon Challenge: Bookish Opposites (readinginwinter.com)
- What: An event to read fairy tales and retellings, with minichallenges almost every day and a Twitter chat on Sept. 6.
- Where: Debz Bookshelf (Click for details.)
- When: Sept. 1- Sept. 7
My To-Read List
This is open to change, particularly if I get to the library where I can get other fairy tales, but here are some books I am considering reading for the event.