Really! The woman is a genius!
I have been reading a”back to school” selection of books to my students this week and I chose Get Fired Up With Reading! for my second through fourth grade students. It never fails to inspire my students to read.They all want to have a contest and get their teachers into the dragon-head costume! Mrs. Skorupski is at it again as she challenges the entire school to read. The winning class is awarded the honor of having their teacher in the head of the dragon costume to be worn in the Read Across America parade. The top readers (measured in minutes read) in each grade level will fill out the body of the dragon.
Two girls in Mr. Dickinson’s fourth grade class battle it out while one kindergartener needs help to be the dragon’s tail! See who wins in this wonderful book that is inspiring my students to read!
Toni Buzzeo is a school library media specialist (this is what she calls herself) in Maine. She has written numerous books about Mrs. Skorupski and her devious ways to get students to use the library media center! She has also written other non-library education books that leave me breathless, such as The Sea Chest. However, I think her brilliance is in the way she inspires educators such as myself to read and explore the library.
- Toni Buzzeo’s Home Page http://www.tonibuzzeo.com/
- Read ” Penelope Popper, Book Doctor ” One More Excellent Book By Toni Buzzeo (kidbooksreview.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Caldecott Honor Book (hmast0810.wordpress.com)
- Welcome Back-to-School! (melissalewismcdonald.wordpress.com)
- What Can I Do to Raise the Reputation of School Library Media Specialists? (librarynbct.org)